Friday, June 29, 2012

Yay Us!

Does the Blog World feel kind of empty to anyone else? Is it just summer?

This morning, I ran my 12 miles...in 1 hour and 42 minutes...and then I just kept going. Hello, 13 miles!
I JUST DID A HALF MARATHON! Oops, I was supposed to do that next week. Well, I'll do it again. :)

I'm very happy about it. I'm also really delighted with Michael's support; this morning, Ender suddenly woke up at 6:30, which woke up Scarlett, just because he didn't have the big panels of cardboard in his windows to block out the light. I panicked that my chance to run in the morning was ruined, but Michael assured me it would be fine if I went. The kids did go back to sleep once it was dark in their room again.
After, Michael treated me to a heavenly-deluxe massage, and I did my hair and makeup nice. I stretched nicely, too. And I drank a lot of water. So I feel really good.  The only two problems post-1/2marathon: my right toenail is a tiny bit sore (ugh...I'd better not lose it like I did the two times I hiked downhill and both big-toe nails were killed), and I am insatiably hungry.


It's a day of great accomplishment! Michael reached a milestone in his weight loss goal (I'm soooo proud of him), and I ran a half marathon at a pushing pace! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you are very awesome. After 12 miles I would not want to run 1 more mile for anything.

    Yes, you can have the Finger puppet pattern. I just need an email address and I'll send them right over! You can email me at elesahag@gmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! My blog is blah-g without your feedback!