Monday, December 21, 2009

Beware Mama Bear!


Ender was pretending it was taking a lot of effort to go down the stairs. "Unnhhh...ugh" with every step. At the same time, the kitten was prowling around on the banister, batting at the garlands and Christmas decor. The kitten skidded down a few feet and curled around the rail to bat at Ender and HIT HIS EYE!
Oooh, I got so mad. I stomped over there and picked up the cat and threw her over the rail into the other room.
She thudded on the tile. I panicked! She could've broken her leg or something! But she shook it off and stalked away with only her pride injured.
Ender was touching his eye and saying "face...'m face..." but he's fine.
Maybe that was okay that I threw the cat. It was just my instincts, wasn't it? I hope so.

Did I ever tell you about the time I threw the kitten in the tub and laughed evilly while it slipped and scrambled all over, trying to escape? Heh...still makes me laugh... but I swear, I love cats!

PS: the dumb thing forgave me. She is next to me purring right now, not even five minutes since I threw her. How sweet. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, it's okay! I did something similar when Lotus ran across Reed's newborn face. It IS instinctual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My in-laws heard a funny old man comedian in Branson Missouri say "If you ever want to know who loves you more, your wife or your dog, put them both in the trunk of your car for a few hours. When you let them out, see which one is still happy to see you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! My blog is blah-g without your feedback!